Massachusetts Jobs With Justice is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We seek a diverse pool of volunteers and applicants for all opportunities and responsibilities within the organization – in particular with respect to women, people of color, the LGBTQ community, immigrants, and people of all ages and abilities.
Jobs with Justice Western Massachusetts Organizer
Massachusetts Jobs with Justice (www.massjwj.net) is seeking a dedicated, hardworking individual to coordinate and carry out the overall work of the organization as well as helping with campaigns, communications and administration of our growing community labor coalition in Western Massachusetts.
The Senior Organizer/Coordinator will work with other Jobs with Justice staff, partners, and activists to carry out the work of the organization and participate fully in the planning and implementation of our workplan as outlined by our Steering and Executive Committees. The Organizer will work under the supervision of the Executive Director based in our headquarters in Boston.
The Organizer’s work will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Coordinate and drive local area campaigns.
· Outreach to and ongoing conversations with community organizations, faith-based groups, other unions, etc to build coalitions and collaborations on JWJ campaigns.
· Facilitate local unions & allies developing goals & strategy of campaigns.
· Facilitate regular coalition meetings, Executive Committee, and Regional Council meetings.
· Plan and implement campaign events.
· Ensure outreach to elected officials happens as needed by campaigns.
· Ensure proactive outreach to relevant news media happens to get earned media coverage of our campaigns and issues.
· Perform public speaking and writing to explain campaign goals.
· Administrate the Western Massachusetts branch of the coalition, develop a regular media presence, and maintain online communications, including email and social media.
· Do direct outreach to workers.
· Work with other labor and community campaigns to integrate work into overall building of workers' movement including connecting work of our campaigns to
· other organizing, bargaining and community struggles as appropriate.
· Serve as point person for participation in national JWJ campaigns as appropriate.
· Execute fundraising plan in region.
· Collaborate with other JwJ staff and board to develop work plans, campaign plans, ad fundraising plans.
Desired qualifications for applicants:
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Demonstrated commitment to social, economic, and racial justice
· Ability to relate to the diverse membership of our coalition, from organizational decision-makers to workers an individual activists
· Ability to travel to meetings throughout Western Massachusetts
· 2 or more years of labor or community organizing experience
· Bilingual an asset, but not required
This is a union-represented position. Salary is based on experience and set within parameters of our collective bargaining agreement. The salary range for this position is between $40 and $47, and will be based on applicable years of related experience. Jobs with Justice provides a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation, medical, dental, retirement and professional development benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Accepting rolling applications until position is filled. Please send in a resume, a cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com.