Each year the Congressional Progressive Caucus proposes the alternative People’s Budget. It fully funds vital social programs, taxes the 1%, and reduces Pentagon spending.
The day will feature many prominent speakers, including:
- Rev. Vernon Walker, Boston Rescue Mission
- Babam, local band
- Mark McGovern, Cambridge City Mayor
- Josh Hoxie, Institute of Policy Studies
- Karlene Griffiths Sekou, Boston BLM
- Mike Connolly, State Rep
- Mary Reagan, NEWTR
- Stephanie Nakajima, Healthcare NOW!
- Bob Massey, Gubennatorial Candidate
President Trump’s tax bill is ensuring billions of dollars in profits to large corporations and peanuts to working people. Meanwhile, the President and Congress have agreed on unparalleled increases in Pentagon spending that will lead to more wars, more suffering, and take even more money from programs that benefit all of us. Cuts in essential programs from climate protection to Medicaid, housing, Social Security, and Medicare are on the drawing board. We must turn around Washington’s budget insanity.
It's time to stand up for our values and priorities!
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/570148549988772