Kick off the Campaign for Wealth and Income & demand the new ordinance: "Good Jobs for Boston Residents"
There are 2 Bostons.
- 3/4 of Boston jobs go to suburban residents, while we are being displaced
- Boston's own data says people of color are tracked into low wage occupations and industries
- Disparities are stark: median income for a white resident with a 4 year college degree is $70,000 but for a Black resident it is just $39,000
We pay, we should benefit.
- $18 billion in public funds for the Seaport alone - and more in other locations
- Our taxes are up with a disproportionate burden on tenants. Real estate assessments are up %55 in just the last mayoral term
For more information, contact Chuck Turner, 617-669-4105 or Marvin Martin 617-436-0389.